Ride out Sunday 5th July 2009

Bugsy

Ride out to Chatelaillon Plage (just south of La rochelle) this Sunday coming.

Meet at Super 'U' car park, at Sauze Vaussais to leave by 10.00. On to Intermarche car park at Aulnay (if anyone prefers to meet there).

'D' road route to Chatelaillon Plage wherever possible and lunch on the beach.

Please post if you're coming or phone/email me direct.

Forcast is good, and its much better than gardening.

[quote user="Bugsy"]pedant ![/quote]

Whoa, Gary! Time for you to lighten up! Puerile I can accept, pedant is a bit harsh. I hate having to explain simple jokes, but my 7-year-old grandson got it immediately.

"lunch on the beach" = sand which is there = sandwiches there! [:)] I said puerile!

See you Sunday, I'll come to S-V, and enjoy the longer ride!

Sid

Just got in the door having returned from Poitiers with new tyres and a service. Got to run in the tyres so I’ll see you all at Super ‘U’ in the morning to discuss strategy. I can toodle off on my own from there if necessary.

Enjoyed another great day out today to the seaside at Chatelaillon-Plage. Thanks Gary for continuing to organise these days!

We met at Sauze-Vaussais as usual where Snorkel had just arrived, trailing his rear brake caliper (see other thread "Brake failure")!!! He was lucky not to have had a serious accident and I'm relieved to see that he was able to limp home safely!!

A couple of photos of those of us WITH rear brakes [Www]

Sid

[IMG]http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt200/nevjames/chatelaillon1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt200/nevjames/chatelaillon2.jpg[/IMG]

Sid - Can you say who is whom on the photo?

You were there and back quickly.  I thought that you wouldn't get back until the evening.  I was thinking of you today as the weather was just right, I suspect.  Not too hot.  I''m about an hour from La Rochelle and we had a couple of very short bursts of light rain.

I've been stuck indoors with children sick from swine flu but that's another story (on another thread)...

Hi Cathy, Sids probably having a lie down after watching us devour huge plates of 'fruit de mer'. LOL

Sid is in the white 'T'shirt, Baldeagle is standing next to him, I'm on the seat with arms folded and you won't know the other two (Liz & Brian) as they are not yet on this forum but are members of Bike Club France.

Hope you and your family are getting better BTW.

Gary.

Hello Cathy

Just got back from my lie-down!! [:D] and I see that Gary (Bugsy) has answered your query. My error in not putting names to faces, sorry!

We didn't have any rain, but it went a little overcast at times, otherwise hot as usual. I got home just after 5pm.

Sorry to hear that the swine flu has struck, and hope you're all on the mend.

Sid

Not much anyone can do about their age Bob, but at least we're out riding, rather than just lurking on forums and throwing in the occasional snide comments.

I can't help it being much taller than you, can I ?

.[Www]

My daughter and her boyfriend recently returned from a holiday on his bike in France. St. Malo, Mirambeau, La Rochelle, Angers, Tours, Samur then Paris.

They said that the nicest thing was that other bikers with British numberplates always smiled and waved to them. They said they felt a real sense of community on the otherwise foreign highways.

Thanks guys.

[quote user="Hoddy"]

That's not really fair comment, Bugsy. After all BobT has moved on  to 'higher' things.

Hoddy

[/quote]

Moved on? No I have just added a 3D motorbike to the fold. Bugbear knows that I am only messing about, he has an open invite to sample the 3D motorbike.

[quote user="Bob T"]Pictures look like an OAP outing to me! ...
[/quote]

What! I don't look a day over 21 !! [:D]  Oh! Maybe that should be "I don't FEEL a day over 21" !!  But that's biking for you. [;-)]

You should come out with us Bob, we always wait for the back markers. [8-|]

Or maybe we could all go and sample the 3D ?

Sid

Would love to come for a ride out, but we would have to ride a hundred miles to the ride out! Weather is so nice tomorrow that we will spend most of our time in the air.

You chaps further north should try your local airfield for a 3D trip - be warned though, 90% of microlight pilots are motorcyclists or ex-motorcyclists.

A microlight is also cheaper to run and buy (in France) than a decent sized bike.