Weekend Camping Trip 25th June.

Bugsy

The forecast is looking good so time to get those bikes and dusty tents out to join us for a weekend of camping at the seaside.

Dates: Friday 25th June - returning home - Monday 28th June.

Venue: Noirmoutier en i'lle in the Vendee. Campsite Website:

Post on here if you are interested or PM me.

RV points on route yet to be decided (based on who is coming)

Gary.

Coming so far:

Veerod.

Simon.

Snorkel.

Me.

RV point:

Neuville de Poitou at 10.00 hours at the Bar/Cafe LE SANGLIER QUI FUME -22, place Joffre.

Its the place we met up last year on route to the BCF rally. It is right in the square and has, or had, a Red Frontage.

Weather Forecast is Excellent.

Not too late if anyone else wants to join us.

Great choice of a campsite Bugsy (a bit dusty if you are given a pitch next to the small road but at this time of the year it should be ok). For cheap and excellent food can i recommend "Le jardin de Noirmoutier" on the road leading from town to "Plage des Dames". They have a great "repas ouvrier" for €12 each. My Mother's house is just a couple hundred metres away. Don't forget to attend the Sunday market in Noirmoutier town itself, it's just a great place to shop for food. I want a full report when you get back. Enjoy!

Well, all back safely and a nice weekend trip. The island is well worth a visit but I'll bet it gets very busy when the kids are off school.

Site was busy and dusty, as ericd, said but we had a large pitch right on the beach.

Had to smile at one caravanner who had pitched up right next to the (low-walled, open) gents urinal. Sitting in their awning watching etc, etc [:D]

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/P1000280.jpg[/IMG]

Ron (snorkel) in picture wondering why he had bought enough kit for a two-year expedition.

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/P1000283.jpg[/IMG]

05.16 and the sun is just coming up.

Just got a trillion dead insects to get off the bike now.