Crazy nutter in St. Jean D'Angely

Etoile

Popped out about half an hour ago to photograph some amazing light after the thunder and lightning we have had tonight. Wasn't long before some wierdo came up to me and started making a big fuss because he seemed to think I was photographing him. A moderate friend of his arrived seconds later luckily and managed to calm things down, but only after I had held my Nikon, which the nutter has tried to throw into the river, in front of them and deleted all the pictures I had taken. I am quite shaken and it is ironic perhaps that the said Nikon completes on Ebay tomorrow night. I will not replace it until I am back in blighty. I can still smell the vermin's tobacco on my clothes too.

What a horrible and frightening experience for you, I expect you feel very shaken. I suppose they both disappeared after the event.? Pity the Gendarmes weren't nearby - are you going to report the incident?

Hope you are feeling a bit better and have downed something comforting.

Etoile, a nasty experience indeed and I hope you have recovered. Unfortunately, drubk or sober, such people exist. 

We need to remember also, all of us who like to snap away, that it is illegal to fotograf people in France without their consent, as it is regarded as an invasion of privacy, though of course, I know that you were not doing that.

Harrowing indeed. It is quite bizarre how some people react when you point a camera at them, even by accident.  And when it is a big fat thing with a big fat lens, they can get particularly wobbly. These days I am very careful about taking photos in public places where someone might take exception to being in the shot.   A friend of mine in Sydney had some woman he inadvertently photographed start shrieking at him, calling him a weirdo and a pervert at the top of her voice.  It was cringingly embarrassing for him and he is still quite shaken by the whole thing.