Chain saw chain.

Jonzjob

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to shorten a chain? I was given one some while back, but it is 3 teeth too long for my saw, a Sthil 180C.

The chain supplied with the saw has a broken tooth and compairing the 2 chains it is a 'toy' chain with very small teeth. I think that is how Chris Head would describe it, and I would like to replace it with at least a chain with the larger type teeth that my original Sthil had.

Hi Twinks!! Me try to get Chris back? Any idea as to how he is??

Was that you on the tele yesterday and the day before, picking up an award, a Brits if I remember correctly?[kiss] Didn't arf look like you!

That isn't quite the same situation on that forum. If the chain had stretched that much then I would have thought that it would have effected the distance that it sat on both sprockets?

I think that I will just take the new long chain into the place I bought my saw from and ask them if they can do the 'size reduction job' for me [blink] ?

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

Hi Twinks!! Me try to get Chris back? Any idea as to how he is??

Was that you on the tele yesterday and the day before, picking up an award, a Brits if I remember correctly?[kiss] Didn't arf look like you!

[/quote]

Don't think so - I WAS on the Red Carpet at the Oscars though!!!  No news from Chris sorry.  When the sun comes out again shall we have coffee?