Village craft fair?

Jonzjob

In the coming summer our village will be having the normal village fete and craft fair. As most of you probably know, my hobby is wood turning and wooden toys. I am well and truly retired and am wondering what the situation is if I took a stall at the fete to sell the stuff I make? The attitude of Mr Impot for instance?

Any ideas please folks? Try to make them helpful please [blink][blink]

I did think of replying, John, but felt I did not have any expertise in the matter.

I do know two or three people who exhibit at craft fairs, but they have done it for years, and are legit businesses. So I did not feel qualified to pronounce on your one-off situation.

Would the fair's organiser be able to advise you?

Angela

EDIT

I have found this link

http://fr.artquid.com/page/600/f-a-q-questions-generales-que-se-posent-les-artistes-amateurs.html

Not sure if it's much help, as I realise you are talking about a little local fair.

i have a couple of friends who are artists and who exhibit at fairs in France. They're retired, and AFAIK haven't made any attempt to register as auto entrepreneurs or anything else. However, I don't think they've sold anything at such exhibitions, either.

Obviously, you are in a slightly different situation. I'd be inclined to follow Loiseau's suggestion.

As an aside, I've been asked a couple of times to exhibit (for sale) some of my ceramics at our village fete in France. Among the people who have suggests this to me, none (including my next door neighbour who is adjoint) have ever suggested that it might put me in an awkward position with the tax man..but then, I'm not French resident either.

We have a fair like that in our commune. We Anglaises - 4 of us -  were asked to provide a stall with traditional british baked goods, which we have done for a few years now. They sell quite well.  The Frenchies sell food items, crafty things, etc. Also two people who have  small registered businesses, garden plants and clothes.

I asked our maire adjoint about the legality etc and she said not to worry. I think I read once that it was ok to sell things occasionally without registering.