loaf tin liners

Patf

I need some of these, the kind that are made of baking parchment. Does anyone know what they are called in french? I tried one translation website and it came up with cuisson de parchemen for baking parchment. [:D]And where can I buy them in France? Lakeland products will send them but charge minimum £10 for postage. Pat.

I have used the Lakeland ones before but I haven't found any suitable alternatives in France.

Thank goodness, all my loaf tins are of the non-stick variety.

I would like to find some muffin-sized paper liners instead of the cup-cake sized ones which are the only ones I can find here!

[quote user="Patf"]

Alex - yes they are to line baking tins. I make bread which tends to stick to the tins when you bake it.

[/quote]

You make sticky bread then [:)]  (I make bread myself and use non stick tins)

My tins are ancient, I ought to throw them out and buy some new ones. Where from? Another reason for lining is that my gas oven is a bit primitive and burns everything on the bottom, so the lining helps a bit. I also sometimes stand baking tins on a flat tin covered with newspaper. New oven?   ps Clair - just noticed your new links - looks good [:)]

[quote user="Patf"]My tins are ancient, I ought to throw them out and buy some new ones. Where from? Another reason for lining is that my gas oven is a bit primitive and burns everything on the bottom, so the lining helps a bit. I also sometimes stand baking tins on a flat tin covered with newspaper. New oven?   ps Clair - just noticed your new links - looks good [:)][/quote]

Before you get too enthusiastic, the links show smwall sizesonly (éclair type). I haven't had a chance to explore all the caissettes yet.

Re burning bottoms, I put the tins on a small tray and use a silicone rubber mat under the tin helps to deflect the heat. I got mine from Lidl for about €5 and would not be without it now!

Re non-stick tins, I have been using the same Téfal ones for years.

• 1 month later...
Patf, my loafs (loaves?) used to stick (Oo-er, Matron!) even in a non-stick tin, till I used Cake Release, also from Lakeland. Since then, I have used no other.

It looks just like oil, but it works better than simple oil does.

If you get a chance, try it

There are brilliant baking sheets by Cuisidiet called "Feuille Multicuisson". You can buy them in most supermarkets and they can be used over and over again. You do not need to use any fat with them and they can be used for cooking everything from cakes to fried eggs to fish. They can be used over and over again on both sides (the packet says they can be used several hundred times!).

Highly recommended !

Some more good ideas - thanks everyone.

I have used ordinary baking paper but it needs cutting to size.

Maybe the Lakeland oil is sold elsewhere, I'll have a look.

I'm going over "home " next month and will see what I can find. I usually stock up at John Lewis - I love that shop.