customer service

IHaveaQuestion

been in france a few year now and still love it, generally find staff in shops to be helpful, always a little 'bonjour' and 'au-revoir'

however when things go wrong i find they have very little power to fix things, it's always you have to see with the 'direction', now I found in france once a person gets to director level they want nothing to do with their customers, some think they are god! Customer service here is C R A P.

Okay so what I'm asking is

1. anyone had experience of getting through to 'the direction' and how

2. know of any good french sites where one can b1tch about bad companies and of course praise the good

[quote user="giantpanda"]Hi!

As everywhere, the " customer service " is linked to the price you are paying.

Most people seem to forget this, when buying.

Yours,

giantpanda
[/quote]

Absolute bilge

I am currently in the middle of a dispute with window installers.

These windows will cost me several thousand euros and are allegedly the Rolls Royce of windows and was the most expensive of the devis''.

I have no complaints about the standard of the windows but the fitting and measuring up have been a total shambles, the owner of the company who are supplying and installing them  is a rude agressive individual who told me to basically like it or lump it.

I was forced to engage an expert de batiment who stated to this owner that he had never seen such poor quality workmanship.

The owner after being threatened with court action has now reluctatly agreed  to refit the windows properly.  I will wait and see.

[quote user="giantpanda"]Hi!As everywhere, the " customer service " is linked to the price you are paying.

Most people seem to forget this, when buying.

Yours,

giantpanda

[/quote]

With all due respect, GP, there is more to it than that !

Mr C and I went to a large department store in Paris to buy a bed and some sundries.  Mr C's credit card more than allowed for the price of the goods, yet when the girl on the till put in the card, she said "Refused".  Mr C, whose French is faultless and accentless said "I think you mean it must be referred rather than it has been refused".   She was adaamant that it had been refused.  When we asked her to refer us to someone further up the chain of command, she refused !  Well, Mr C saw red and said he wasn't going to let it stop there !  We went straight to the accounts department where, after talking to at least two people, we were referred to Those Who Can Help !  We had to stress the point that if the store was happy to lose a pretty sizeable sale, we would take our business elsewhere.  Eventually they agreed to phone the credit card company and all was settled.

We have now learned to warn the credit card company/bank that we were about to spend X€ which should normally avoid this sort of problem.  We have only come across this refusal once before, but on that occasion the shop just asked us to do the amount as 2 bills.

I get infuritated when some silly person refuses to refer to someone else who might be able to help [:@].  TWe have certainly seen this attitude before!  What is the problem with saying "I'm sorry I can't help you" or "I'm afraid I don't know" and then saying "But I will refer you to someone who can" ?????????????

Boiling a frog, I wonder, would an expert de batiment be any good for our situation, we had a mason do some work on our home, make openings in stone walls and fit corner stone reveals, we are far from happy with the workmanship, he is siret registered, but says that his work is excellent, and refuses to budge on doing anything about it, would an expert de batiment be able to assist, how does one go about finding one, and are they expensive?

[quote user="Callie"][quote user="giantpanda"][/quote]
 What is the problem with saying "I'm sorry I can't help you" or "I'm afraid I don't know" and then saying "But I will refer you to someone who can" ?????????????

[/quote]

Nothing wrong with it apart from that (in my experience of my region) the concept and phrases dont exist.