coffee tables are just so passé

mint

Interestingly, Pacha, I did try "dough box" and sometimes they are just small wooden boxes that sit on the table.  Then I went back to "pétrin" or "maie" and I even found a brand new one, LOL!

I reckon that it would be nice to have at least one because they must get rarer as time goes by and some of the oldest get bashed up.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="sweet 17"]Can't blame the advert:  it's my brain, it seems to be permanently in reverse gear these days![:(][/quote]

Perhaps its Seasonal Affective Disorder, affecting your circadian rhythm, ''SAD sufferers are more likely to be women and younger persons''; exactly your profile Sweet[:D]

All you need is more Sunlight! (I'm pretty sure there's more there than here!)

Have you got your coffee table sorted yet Doux?

I made 2 of the 3 that we have in our lounge. One is totally English elm, a cross cut about 2 foot by 18" with a natural edge. I made it in about 1970. The other is English elm and Cornish slate that I made a few years later. The third was bought in Salvasa, Carcassonne, cherry wood and beautiful. Coffee tables are lovely, useful and something that I have always liked. I don't have any photos of them at the mo, but I will see if I can get a couple in the day light.

There are some lovely coffee tables on sale in the furniture shops here. Maybe a bit more expensive than the U.K. from Argos/Ikea, but much better quality me-thinks...

Yes, but I don't want one that is too tall to use as a coffee table, LOL!

I wouldn't mind a really battered looking one in which to keep hats and scarves in the hall and maybe one without legs to keep shoes, etc. in.

But, for a coffee table, I'd like a restored one that doesn't have too many splinters and doesn't smell of centuries old salt pig...

[quote user="sweet 17"]  Hey, those vase lamps look suitably "recycled"! Yes, I suppose it's one euro to buy it and 300 euros to have it brought to me.....say, you weren't a used car salesman in a previous life, were you?[:D] [/quote]

A, the lamps are a separate deal, [Www]

B, they don't come much cheaper, [8-)]

C, I could do the bringing for 10% of that price but not til next March.

D I wish was I might have worked a bit less hard[;-)]

E It is in the Pas de Calais, so en-route for many, a bit of networking might give you a result.

F, The words gift, horse, and mouth spring to mind[:P]

Incidentally I always insert the distance I'm prepared to travel into my e-bay search, and only buy cash on collection.

Aren't you due for a trip out[:D]

Trip out?  Nah, I don't wanna go. OH has just returned from a funeral in Wales and I had to go get him from Bordeaux in pouring rain and nasty mist.  When he said, thank you for coming to pick me up but now you're stuck with me.....I could only answer, well, I don't mind that, as long as I don't have to drive home from here (ie Bordeaux airport)!

It's not the drive, that's a cinch, it's the French drivers who refuse to let you out of your lane because they are in the process of overtaking you so that they can come in in front of you again as it's their exit in a few metres!

At least 2 occasions when I thought I'd meet my Maker prematurely.....[:'(]