A cautionary tale about Internet shopping

PaulT

https://www.angloinfo.com/midi-pyrenees-south/discussions/topic/2975295

The author of this with hindsight can now see warning signs but the con artist was very convincing.

And whay did Mr Con Man not wanting PayPal to be used - because it would have held the money or grabbed it back.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Cannot see the ad for the scope but the one for the planer looks like any other on the surface but for one MAJOR THING, its very cheap which is the point at which the gullible lose all common sense, OK the ad apart from the price does not ring any alarm bells but first contact with the seller who gives out all the long and involved schpeil about it being located in Italy should send all but the terminally dim running, I have had loads and loads of replies just like that from Leconcoin advertisers, I dont give them a second thought, they get deleted and I move on.

I dont think that Leconcoin should be criticised, they are creating ungainfull employment and helping the economy.

We never buy anything on the internet now unless they accept paypal.

And Amazon are usually reliable, but I now have a problem to claim back for an item which has never arrived . Ordered 19th Sept, and paid for by paypal.

It means various emails in french etc And I really need the item.[:(]

Like I said, a fool and his money....................................

Or is he really the sort of person that thinks it OK to send a large sum of money to a supposed shipping company in another country to buy something sight unseen from a 3rd party whose advert would suggest he is in Clermont Ferrand and who then claims to be in Italy?

I guess there must be some of em about or there would not always be similar scams running.

There are many of them about.

Our neighbour needed a new camper van and was seduced by one which sounded very good value. But unfortunately wasn't available to view before purchase. "Please send money to Western Union."

They took the money to La Poste to arrange the transfer, and luckily the clerk told them not to do it, warned it was a scam. Turned out the van didn't exist, the advertiser was in Nigeria.

That was from leboncoin.

I still can hardly believe they were taken in like that.

I suppose we've all fallen for a con too, at some time.