Tour de France - help!

I decided to really get into the Tour de France this year, but at the worry of sounding stupid, I really don't understand the rules regarding jerseys, time trials, any of it really! Can anyone explain it to me so I actually know what I'm watching and who to cheer on!

Yellow jersey for the leader(changes each day I think)
Red spotted jersey for the king of the mountains.
Green jersey for the leader on points.
I'm sure that someone will put me right if I've got any of this wrong. There is a good website-something like www.tourdefrance
which gives details of the route etc.
Hope this helps.
Bobo.

The yellow jersey goes to the person who is winning overall on time.( he also gets a fluffy lion every day) In the 100 year history of the Tour only two riders have kept it from start to finish . Each stage ( or day)winner gets a money prize but not a special shirt, sometimes it is their weight in Camebert or some such thing) There are two individual time trials( one on the first day) and also a team time trial.Spotty top for mountains and green for points won on the sprints at set places during the day
This year English speakers are doing well, lance Armstrong- American and looking for his 5th win- David Millar -British and Bradley magee- Australian, who won on the first day and is still ahead on day three.
the French like Richard Virenque who is usually king of the mountains and is a bit of a heart throb, but unfortunately got mixed up in a rather nasty drugs scandal a couple of years ago.
Luckily my man is not on holiday yet or he would be watching it all day every day on TV if he got the chance!!!!!!!!!