Strictly Come Dancing!

Chouette

I am absolutely hooked on this programme at the moment and it's got me really wanting to have a go at ballroom dancing myself!  In France this type of dancing is called Danse de Salon and I've spotted some beginners lessons available in my area.  However, being a bit shy, it's going to take a lot of courage to make the first step and go along on my own as I have no idea what to expect

Has anyone out there done this kind of dancing in France and if so what's it like?  Is it only for oldies or do all ages join in.  I'm in my mid-forties and don't classify myself as an oldie, though some (younger!) people may disagree

Strangely enough there was a programe last night on french tv showing ballroom dancing, seems to be the `in thing ` at the moment. I always wanted to learn but it is not Mr Os cup of tea, when we first got married he worked with a chap who went ballroom dancing and asked me if I wanted to go with him,I didn`t particularly like the guy and would prefer to dance with someone of my choosing. Where abouts are you? Mrs O