Rev Solair. Bogus solar panel company.

Andy Allen

Greetings all.

Has anybody had any dealings with a solar panel company called Rev Solair. They came knocking at our door a couple of months ago and their spiel about the savings we could make completely sucked us in. Even worse, the forms we signed for the company to submit to EDF to see if we could be selected, were actually finance forms for a loan for many thousands of Euros. We are in the process of trying to get out of this finance deal but I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had any dealings with them.

Thanks.

Andy

I don't have any personal knowledge of this company.  However, I've seen discussion on a French forum from which it seems that you are not alone. 

There's a fair amount of consumer protection in France if you can find it.  There is a government agency called the DDPP (Direction Départementale de la Protection des Populations) which has apparently opened a file on this company in response to complaints.  On this site:

http://www.finances.gouv.fr/directions_services/dgccrf/contact_ddpp.htm

– you should be able to find contact information for the DDPP in your area, including an e-mail address.  I don't have any experience of them either, but it might be worth your while to tell them what happened and ask if they can help. 

Good luck.

Thanks alllanb

They have now taken up calling us a couple of times a week saying we cant cancel, or if we give them 25% of the total amount we can forget about it!!! Our solicitor is dealing with it now and my wife has found our closest DDPP and is heading there on Monday to see what they say. I still cannot believe that we got duped like this. Never before and certainly never again.

Thanks again.