Le Mans 24 Hours

Fo those who missed the 24 Hours in June, the Moto GP and the 24 Hour Moto, or who can't find accommodation for the Le Mans Classic weekend at the end of July - all is not lost.

First weekend of July come and see the 24 Hour Roller Skating Race at the famous race circuit of Le Mans.  [:-))]

[quote user="Cassis"]First weekend of July come and see the 24 Hour Roller Skating Race at the famous race circuit of Le Mans.  [:-))]
[/quote]

If you want to take part (in the sponsored single lap for charity before the 24 hr event), make sure you remember that to participate in virtually any sport in France you need a medical certificate (less than 3 months old).

Ian

As the husband of an ex red/white Dolly 2CV owner for 17 years, we had to sell it before we moved over.. I have to defend it against any other kind of upholstered roller skatez. The 2CV is quite capable of upwards of 70 mph, is impossible to roll over (unless you hit the kerb going sidewayz) and if you fit the GT fittings you will NEVER wear out the door handles in a fast, tight corner. They are castors that fit on the door handles and add at least another 5 mph to your cornering speed. I would put that against ANY smartass skateist.

602cc of raw power from those 2 cylinderz. Not to be sneezed at. And if you really push it the fuel consumption drops from 44 miles to the gallon to,,,,,    well thinking about it, it doesn't drop at all. For extra speed you can use the wheel brace and a 10mm spanner and take the front wings off. That's worth another 7 mph, but only off the public highway because the huge 145 tyres could do incredible damage and probably even tear someones trousers if you hit them?

So any time Cassis, but 5 wheel drive isn't allowed!! No 'cheating, fouls or kicking below the wings AND NO DIVING!!!!!!!!!

John. ( the fair player, alwayz)

Yeh, but did you ever do any dustbineering?    The purple/black runout jobbie,,,    how did you get it to run?

Not Welsh are you?

The best trip I ever did in Frances' Dolly was to transport a 9 foot tall rubber plant across Stroud, Gloucestershire when the council moved offices. I didn't 'arf get some funny looks with it stuck through the roof??? I just told a couple of people that it was camoflage...

John.

Bi-ek youv'e got to admit that Yorkies are daring little dogs [Www].

I also had a Diane for a couple of years, but decided that doing 20,000 miles a year was not really fair on it. We were late for a boat trip on the River Severn one evening and the poor thing achived 85, mph that is, on the M5, with 4 adults in it! Magic machines. No wonder that people want to show just how they can compete with the other 24 hour here in France. Can't bring the name to mind at the moment?[B][:$].

I wonder if the same handicap system were used as we used at the yahct club at Frampton would work to combine the 2 events. In our case it would be that for the first 12 hours you would go hell for leather and do as many laps as possible. At the end of the 12 hours everyone would have to turn round and do the same in the opposite direction for 12 hours. Get it? If by some miricle you managed a FAR better number of laps on the way back then someone 'might' just suspect foul play????? [8-)]. We, my mate and me, used to sail his Mirror dingy (I suppose that it's got to be the 2CV of the sailing world?) in these races every Wednesday evening in the summer. We never won anything, but we did have a good time and added to the safe havens for the fish on the bottom. Well they do say that beer cans are good for the small fish, it gives them a safe haven. I think that it was the way that we made sure they went to the bottom by dragging them behind the dingy that slowed us down.

I must phone my mate Bernie Ecc and bounce the idea of that handicap off him. He may well be interested?

John.

P.S. I bought that Mirror off my mate and at the end of one holliday in France it achived just over 90 mph. Well we had missed a turning on the way back to the ferry!! The little boat trailer must have touched the road at least every 200 yards??

• 1 month later...