Golf in Pyrenees Atlantique

Come on all you golfers.... male or female ....in the Bearn region of the Pyrenees Atlantique !!  ... We, a few members at Salies de Bearn golf club, are trying to start a golf society to meet once a month, or more if support is good, to have fun and play golf. We have some low handicap players, are very keen and enthusiastic and are certainly not in the "old fart"bracket !! If you live down here you will know that there are a great selection of courses we can choose from, including the very tricky Salies de Bearn club. We offer friendship, good banter and a meal in a great local restaurant afterwards. Does it get any better ? There must be loads of you out there who are not aware of a strong golfing community at Salies. Come and join us and share the experience.

www.biarritzgolfingexperience.com

Just in case nobody else replies to you (there don't seem to be many golfers who use this forum) I'd like to say that if we were closer we would take part.  We're in the Gers though and the north of the department too so sadly not close enough .  I really hope you do manage to find some golfers down there - best of luck

Thank you to both for the replies. I thought SW France was bereft of golfers for a minute ! If you are ever passing or decide to move down here ( very wise decision  ... I used to live in the Gers near Fleurance and moved down here as a consequence ...  I suppose it doesn't suit everyone) you would be more than welcome to come and join us and have some fun.  Hope you have a great golfing year.

www.biarritzgolfingexperience.com

We're lucky to have a really good course on our doorstep - Golf de Guinlet.  It's excellent and with a reasonable golfing calendar.  We also play as often as possible at Mont de Marsan which I think is a superb golf course and thankfully undiscovered.  There aren't too many others around here though so I can see what you mean.  You've some wonderful courses around you haven't you?

Hi Shropshire lass ... apologies for the late response ... to busy playing golf !! Yes we have some great courses and reasonably priced... off to Moliets in the morning. We have just heard about Mont de Marsan and will be playing it very soon. Maybe you and your crowd can come and challenge us Bearnais to a match there this summer and we could then bestow honary membership on you all to our society ?