English Pub near Revel (31)

Hi Twinks only just seen this as the last person brought it to the top.

Yes we would go for a look see as my hubby is a real ale fan . but the only thing that would make him a regular would be if they did sunday dinners with yorkshire puds and all. Only trouble would be the drive , meaning I couldnt join him in a pint. Ask him to open it within walking distance of our place and we would probally be there 3/4 evenings aweek [:$]

In fact there is a nice resturant Bar for sale at the moment in Castans called the 3 pigs, would be a suitable place for this kind of venture. plus there are quite a few socible English people there.

But like others have said , If its a good welcoming place , with log fires in the winter and the staff are pleasant, good food and beer  and prices not to high , you will get all types and nationalities in because its a good place rather than what kind of theme there are trying to style them selves on.

Although saying that we are so far away from any pub in our area that if it was spit and sawdust and down the road we would be there [:)]   

Thank you for your interesting replies. 

My friend is still very motivated about his pub idea but is now reconsidering the site.  He's been dissuaded (is that an english word that exists?  I just make them up as I go along these days[:)] about Revel and is now considering Lavaur (31). 

He also wants to see how people will accept the new 'no smoking' laws come January 2008.  I've tried to explain how things went in Ireland and Britain but he's worried that opening a new buisiness with the new laws will be disheartening if customers momentarily stop using public bars and cafés at first.  I personally don't think this will be a problem....

Twinks cant you perused him to come to Pradelles? or castans ? [:'(] My village would be perfect if it had a bar with a roaring fire in the winter and a nice garden for the summer. Think of al those thirsty bike riders going up to the pic de nor .

No I dont think people will stop going to bars when the smoking ban comes in  it has made no change around here at all. Is it going to be the same as over here where they can still smoke out side ? A big garden will solve that .At least they wont be sat out in the rain like they are here.  

Unlike Ireland,Scotland and England ,France are not proposing a total ban,

Bar owners can if they wish provide a separate smoking room inside the property.

There already exists a ban on smoking in public buildings however, you can still smoke immediately outside the said buildings.

France are trying to be seen to reduce smoking but not with the same gusto or vengance as seen in the uk.