Christmas near Poitiers - things to do

tegwini

Anyone any suggestions of something to do over Christmas?

Arriving 21st Dec - 30th (have to see plombier/tiler & also we must strip wallpaper from some ceilings & husband has to take leave then),  so really need some ideas -   music, art, Christmas markets, Christmas service (in English?)   

Any ideas welcome - via car, & considering taking train to Paris- ideas there?

Many thanks

Tegwini

ps moved this hoping to get more response- note to mods.

Hello Bugbear

Sorry, but nothing received - & also in original post, have been waiting for it (like Christmas) was it a pm ?  - also did not arrive & all ok with email, could you pse try again.  TXS

Hi Ulster

- did not know you were a golfer - if interested, OH originally an obsessive player (3 handicap in Northern Natal on a difficult course, but decades ago),  if you fancy a very laid back game over Christmas, we like the look of Haut Poitou Golf, a bit far maybe? -but he has to finish his ceiling wallpaper clearing!

Regards

Tegwini

[quote]Why don't you just go and look at it in the original western france thread?Confused [8-)][/quote]

Sorry, Maricopa but my sublty must have been missed on you. I was more trying to deflect Bugbear's annoyance than be gifted with loads of info. As one who doesnt spend hours trawling the threads in here but is merely interested in the sport section, I wouldnt have come across the thread in ........... wherever it was.

Hiya tegwini I'm a failing 4 handicapper and a member of Mignaloux. Not a fan of Haut Poitou mainly as its a heck of a hilly spot for an auld eegit like me. If there is a spell during the festivities when its neither wet, windy nor cold, my son and me would love to take your painter and decorator for a wee round. [;-)]

Many txs Ulster

Once he's done his jobs,  & golf will be a magnificent incentive, could take you up on this - not joined anywhere as yet, but sounds like the weather is unlikely to suit; he also is a fair weather golfer.    Could be Mignaloux if that suits - I could pm you perhaps with Fr. tel no ?

Sadly it sounds as if there's not much else to do- not much for me anyway.

Did you see the Welsh/Springbok rugby- at least some running rugby for a change. Not a top side (sadly minus my hero Percy!)

Regards

Tegwini