Looking for a bolt hole in South of France - ideally Villefranche sur mer or Beaulieu

Any downsides to living in these areas please? When I last visited Beaulieu (earlier this month) I was shocked how run down some parts of it looked, it kind of reminded me of home (Margate sadly). Are there any particular parts I should avoid? I am viewing properties next Monday and want to be as well-informed as possible!

Thanks

hi im a bit more south in the gers 32500 weather more consistant and more picturesque than dordougne in my opinion and not so english check it out online

worth a look property slightly cheaper and lots of airports to fly into

what are you looking for as a bolt hole

regards peter

[quote user="Stella"]Any downsides to living in these areas please?

[/quote]

Not if your disposable income is adequate!

Can't afford to live there now, but glad I enjoyed life there in the early 60's when the above didn't apply so much.

[quote user="nomoss"]

Not sure what Gers is a bit south of - not Alpes-Maritimes [:)]

In any case, despite the Maths, I think 06 is at least 4 times nicer than 24 [:D]

[/quote]

PLEASE don't have a go at 24.  I absolutely adore being in 24.

Anyway, I make a point of not downright saying a department is horrible so as not to upset people's feelings.  NOT that I'm upset by your remark .

I never thought I'd like 24 till I came to live here.  Sometimes I wonder whether people who claim not to like 24 have ever lived in it.

There again, 24 is a huge department and I'd admit that some parts are nicer than others.  

• 1 month later...