Anti-Mole

0Helen

Has anyone ever tried this?  In the Ken Muir catalogue there is an advert for bulbs, gathered from the Swedish countryside, which secretes a smell which keeps moles and field mice away from your garden.  The bulbs last 2-5 years and are planted 9 yds apart. One pack at £16.00 is supposed to protect 500 m2.   I think this is a tad expensive - but does it work???? Any thoughts?

What a fantastically good idea!

I:ve had moles for years. Asked the Royal Horticultural Soc for advice and they said 'Get a cat.'--- 'I've got one.'--- 'Get another!' What I didn't tell them was that at the time I had 12 cats and they just sat and watched the entertainment.

Coral - soon to be in Ariege

Be very careful with those blaster kits. I know someone in Haute Vienne tried to remove it and didn't realise it hadn't gone off. Result - visit to hospital with bullet between thumb and first finger. Not a pretty sight, especially as the hospital didn't put the tendons back together properly. ..... and, he can vouch, extremely painful.

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

I was interested to see the mole-blaster kits in Bricomarche.

Can't get them in UK, no moles in French garden, but have got moles hills all over the lawn in UK though.

What about UK customs if I tried to bring a kit into UK?  Problem do you think?