Hiring lawnmowers

goose

We have just bought a house in the top of the Lot (46) near Bretenoux and now need to tame the garden.  I`ve found that lawnmowers are quite expensive here and we won`t be here all year round anyway so I wondered if anybody knew

a) where I might be able to hire one?

b) any body local willing to mow the lawn occasionally (for a fee obviously)

c) any other ideas?

Hi, on the road to St Céré there is a Locavente, try there. We are very near you and go to Bretenoux most Saturdays for the market - if we find anywhere else we will let you know.

Hope you enjoy the area, we love it.

Iceni, we will be around Bretenoux Saturday too, I sent you a PM but I'm not convinced I've got this system working properly yet. Anyway, I'm a big fella with close cropped grey hair, herself is very short and very blonde, both early 40s, say hello if you see us wandering about the market.

Rgds, Goose and Tracie

(yes, that really is my name, very short and not very interesting story to it)

• 4 weeks later...
The son of one of our neighbours came round asking for odd jobs. After discussing with him and his father we came to a deal. He cuts the lawn with his father's ride on mower. It takes him about an hour (it's a big garden) and it costs me 10 euros, all in. After pricing it up against the cost of a ride-on and the number of cuts I''ll need a year I think I have a bargain. It's a pity he's growing up so fast...

Ride on mowere do appear to be dearer, but keep an eye out in the super/Hypermarkets for sale items, petrol 18 inch push mowers briiggs and stratton engines are often avalable for well under 200€ in U and Le Clerc, as nobody is cutting grass as we have not got any, they have a surplus, have look at Capdanac Haute (46) the other side of Figeac,  if that is not too far.