wall ivy marks!

maude

As anyone any reasonably successfull methods of removing the attachments that ivy leaves behind on walls.I need to repaint the garage wall and have removed an ivy,which as usual has left its fine tendrils behind.Any solutions that can be used?It makes just as much a mess of the wall wirebrushing or flame gunning,than overpainting them as they are.any suggestions welcomed-Maude

We had this problem. They had been there for years and were dried out. Sorry to be depressing but I found the only way was to pull them off by hand. I worked at it 2-3 hours a day for about a week and the ends of my fingers were sore! I tried a wire brush but this had no effect. Why not try painting over a small area to see what it looks like. Pat.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]As anyone any reasonably successfull methods of removing the attachments that ivy leaves behind on walls.I need to repaint the garage wall and have removed an ivy,which as usual has left its fine tend...[/quote]

Hi Maude, we had the same problem in England, the Ivy had grown on the brick walls, we tried almost everything to remove them, then we tried a pressure washer and that worked. It was a bit messy and in parts had to be helped with a stiff bristle brush (not wire), it turned out OK.Don`t know what your wall is made of but you could try on a bit thats out of sight to start with. Regards Sugarlady.