Choosing Lemon tree variety

Keith Wilson

Visiting our local garden centre (Beziers) I've noticed a that some of the Lemon trees on offer differ wildly in price (for the same size tree). They seem to do a standard 4 seasons tree abot 4ft (plus pot height) for 159 euros and another variety costing 250 euros for the same size.  Any ideas on wether it is worth paying the extra and what the advantages of one variety over another might be?

Just a thought..........only a thought.............perhaps it would be a better idea to 'google' it and actually find a nursery in your area (should not be difficult) who grows citrus as part of his nursery production.  Thus you can compare and contrast.

Again you are not too sure how long the citrus trees have been in stock and yes I know they are pretty hardy down your neck of the words but also they do need watering and that may have been hit or miss in the garden centre.

I am not sure if Eric Dumont does (Pepinieres Eric Dumont) but he is one of the leading fruit tree growers in France.  Not in your area but ships everywhere in Europe.

rdgs