Rotovator problem!

shortpaws

As the motor is running and the blades are not rotating suggest.

The cable between the hand control to start the blades has either stretched, broken or lost its nipple. There may be some adjustment on the cable or you may be able to use the metal part from a domino 'electrical connecting block as a solderless nipple. Obviously switch off before experimenting.

The drivebelt may have broken, check and replace.

The last suggestion by Anton is the most likely if the motor is running and the both sides of the blade are not turning.  A lot of these have a fan belt that converts the drive from the engine to the blades.  If you try and do too much with it ie breaking up hard ground or hit stones, the band will jump out of the pulley wheel or break.  You will need to take of the covers to access the belt or get the supplier to do it. 

[quote user="Ron Avery"]The last suggestion by Anton is the most likely if the motor is running and the both sides of the blade are not turning.  A lot of these have a fan belt that converts the drive from the engine to the blades.  If you try and do too much with it ie breaking up hard ground or hit stones, the band will jump out of the pulley wheel or break.  You will need to take of the covers to access the belt or get the supplier to do it. [/quote]

I've never seen a fan belt on a rotovator, I think you mean drive belt [:D]

Really OP. this is so basic, I suggest you take it to someone who knows what they are doing before you do yourself a mischief ! [:'(]