anyone got one of these????

cowoman

Apart from the grass collection box it looks just like my BricoMarche mower. Mine doesn't have the collection facility, and I'm not sure what I'd do with all that grass. We have 6000 sq metres so that's quite a lot of grass cuttings. Normally I use the mulching blades and leave the cuttings where they fall; we don't have lawns here, just grass [:)] so I'm not too bothered.

Many of these mowers are made by Electrolux in Orangeburg USA. Yard-man, Husqvarna, MTD, to name a few. They usually have Briggs and Stratton engines which are very reliable. Blades are available here but I have trouble sourcing belts and usually get those direct from US.

You could ask the ebay seller to look at the manufacturers plate under the seat and tell you what it says?

The price sounds OK; I think that size, without the collector, sells for around 1800€, but as the previous poster points out you wouldn't get it repaired under warranty here would you?

Sid

[quote user="cowoman"]The man said he had sold loads that were to be taken over to france.[/quote]

Yeah, well he would do wouldn't he. Call me cynical but .............[Www]

In my opinion - do yourself a favour and buy locally in France from someone who has the ability and facility to repair it when it goes wrong and can collect it from you if needed.

Well thankyou I am going to take your advise (thats a first)and buy locally in France...It makes good sense.

Has anyone seen any bargains on one of these in the shops right now?It needs to be a biggish engine for 2 acres and a grass box and 4 inch cut.

Its a shame there isnt the equivelent of Hot uk deals in france.I have had some great bargains off this site and have posted some too as i came across them.For anyone not knowing what hot uk deals is about here is a brief description.

If you find something thats a bargain price then you put it on hot uk deals and peope signing in can then buy it ...its great they also have money off vouchers and quidco that can save you alot of money....anyway back to mower subject i woud be happy if someone could point me in a good deal direction

thanks

The best deals on these mowers, in the big 'sheds', usually come at the beginning of the year. By now there's probably only the leftover stock, but maybe you could get a bargain. I have been pleasantly surprised when I've called into local dealers; they can often come quite close to the prices seen in Castorama and the like, and you have the advantage of local service and you're supporting local trade at the same time. I bought my mower with the house, but I got a rotovator at a dealer in Ruffec for a good price.

Start with Pages Jaunes.

Good luck

Sid

The greatest drawback with the particular model on Ebay Cowoman, is that long chute for the grass to be blown into the grass bins.  Anything other than competely dry grass would be forever blocking it.  So for what it is worth do not buy a similar model in France that has that particular type of grass collection system.

As an earlier poster said, cut the grass and leave it to die/dry.  Then if you want to clear the grass up you can collect the dry grass and burn it.

Interesting,I thought if i bought a big enough enine one this problem wouldnt occur.I have a litte yardman that keeps clogging up causing the belt to get hot and its stop and start throughout.Its a good job that you mentioned this because I would have been gutted to have had this same probem again.I really wanted a grass box though.I wanted to cut most of it without then just put the grass box on to do immedietly around the house to stop it al waking into the house.

Cowoman...if you really...really must get one with a grass box have a look at a Countax/Westwood.  This has a grass box with a PTO on the back that has a brush to collect the grass.  It can also be used in the Autumn to pick up leaves and bits of debris, a bonus with this machine is that it has the most comfortable seat of any machine.  I am not sure if you can get them in France but I dare say if you Google, it should tell you.