Where to buy bark chippings in Mayenne & surrounding

mayenne_man

I am looking to find a supplier for decorative bark chippings in the Mayenne/Orne area.  Local DIY stores and garden centres do have some but it is in very small bags and consequently very expensive.  Does anyone know where it can be bought in larger bags (e.g. 150litres) or ideally by the cubic metre?

Thanks.

Afraid I whad the same problem in Indre. Just the very expensive bagged stuff was all I could find, which I agree with you on, is a rip off. Even the timber yards proved fruitless for me as they just had mulsh rather than chips.

In the end, I gave up looking after several weeks and opted for stones instead, which while don't look as nice (imo), can be done much cheaper. €30 for a cubic metre for example as opposed to a few hundre euros for the chip equivalent.

So, maybe it's something worth considering for your garden?

R

With the amount of wood consumed in rural France, I wonder where all the small bits go? Could be a openning for entrepreneur?

I have just bought my chipper to france as I was fed up with the prices and now we are not allowed to burn it, I make mulch and bark chippings.