Mole rats !

Manon

Help - my garden is being destroyed by mole rats. Moles are not a problem as sooner or later the traps get them but I cannot find anything which deals with mole rats and they are so much more of a problem than moles. I am sure that I have lost one well established fruit tree already and am desperate to protect my other trees and shrubs. They shift an astonishing volume of earth and will eat the entire root system of a young tree or shrub. Does anyone know what I can do to get rid of them please ?

Campagnoles, adorable little creatures!

I had one that was gradually thwarted by my block paving of my outside areas, despite that he managed to tunnel from my bare earth cellar all the way across my paved terrace to find a small part of the garage concrete slab that was missing and then proceede to fill my garage with spoil as he extended his network for the Great Escape.

I so admired him and he looked so cute that I tolerated him and regularly removed his spoil for him, sadly when I paved the last of my car park area I think I condemned him.

Glad I dont have lawns though!