Insect infestation

Ian

Something has started eating my Rosemary and Bay. The evidence is what looks like bird droppings all over the plants, plus a lace effect on many leaves.

What are they, and what can I do to stop them? My preference is for some form of systemic insecticide, as the infestation is quiet widespread, and I'm too lazy to pick them off by hand (if that is the normal treatment).

Thanks

https://jardinage.ooreka.fr/astuce/voir/615281/chrysomele

Could be these: as it categorically cites both rosemary and bay as being among their favourite foods. Looks like the treatment is the same as for box caterpillars - the previously-discussed-on-here bacillus thuringiensis.

There was a thread on here in this section early May. Rosemary beetle. I suffered from it at the same time. I sat by the bush and waited to see them move then hand picked them then checked every few days. When i asked around the neighbours, mostof them had the pest as well.

Coincidentally someone is posting about exactly this on my (UK) Local Facebook group today. Seems they're increasing in numbers in the UK and the RHS is asking people to report infestations so they can get an idea of the spread. The RHS website also has a page on them with some other recommendations for suitable pesticides.