Channel Pirates Petition

Coco

LAST EDITED ON 18-Aug-03 AT 01:37 PM (GMT)

I think this man is doing a valuable job:

http://www.channelpirates.com

I'm now emailing the link to anyone I can think of. Over the last few weeks I have had at least half a dozen enquiries for my B&B who have all contacted me BEFORE they checked ferry prices. They have ALL since said they would love to come but can't afford the cost of the ferry.

Perhaps the French Government or regional tourist boards may be interested in joining in as well because if I've had that many people unable to come to me because of the ferry prices there must be loads of other small businesses in France losing trade for the same reason!!! If you think it may be affecting your trade why not email it to all your friends and family, and of course, previous customers!!!

Coco

Well done that man.
Everyone in Northern Europe can travel to France for the cost of their petrol, whereas we poor islanders have to pay as much as 400.00 before we can even start motoring south. It's even worse for me - 280 miles to reach the ferry and with our little dog to boot, so that's an extra 30 for her ticket (eurotunnel) plus about another 50 to a French vet. All the vet does is prove she has had a worm pill and a spray of insecticide. So I am in for about 500 just to start my holidays in France. I am not put off though - just enraged.

White-van-man can come across and fill up with 'contraband' every night of the week for a quarter of what we tourists pay for one trip. Talk about unfair. It's time ferry companies stopped subsidising these people and it's time the ferry companies stopped encouraging people to break a law which is costing the country (and we tax payers ultimately) billions in lost VAT and purchase tax.

Well I feel better having got that off my chest.