Very nosy question for Miki

Alexis

If, in the years to come, you found that you couldn't make a living, what would you do? Work at something else? Would you stay in France or go back? Tell me to f*** off, I won't mind!! I don't think I will ever go back to the UK.... couldn't afford to get back in the housing market for a start. No, my future is here I think. (What is left of it! Old crock that I am!)

LAST EDITED ON 07-Feb-04 AT 05:32 PM (GMT)

>If, in the years to come,
>you found that you couldn't
>make a living, what would
>you do? Work at
>something else? Would you
>stay in France or go
>back? Tell me to
>f*** off, I won't mind!!
> I don't think I
>will ever go back to
>the UK.... couldn't afford to
>get back in the housing
>market for a start.
>No, my future is here
>I think. (What is
>left of it! Old
>crock that I am!)

Alexis,

I don't find that nosey and you seem far too nice to say **** off to !!

I am not sure, we have always had to work hard through our married life and we would be gutted to see our latest (5 years in Brittany now) venture go pear shaped.

At the moment, we would see a very good return on our house and business if we sold up but, we don't want to. We still have commitments to our kids and so still need an income from somewhere. I have been offered bits and pieces over the years, e.g working for estate agents, financial asistant in an Insurance company, running a large commercial campsite and a few other things but have never really fancied going back and working for someone else. I have worked for myself since 1973 (the year I got married, what a big chancer I was, getting married and going self employed in the same month !)

You can bet your life, that if I needed a job now, no one would want me ! so would we go back, well as is more the norm, the Mrs would go back tomorrow, me, well I was back in the UK last week for the funeral of my best mate (he was just 53) and work partner for 20 years and so many people were saying just how they are planning to move abroad, that if I went back, lots of my old pals would be over in mainland Europe and it would be like going back to a "foreign land".

As far as the housing issue is concerned I have to be honest and, say that we only left a terrace house in W.London and through luck or hard work whilst being in France, we could slip back in to similar accommodation. We have not lost out to the huge increase in housing mainly because we bought a run down campsite and gite/restaurant complex many years ago, which when sold gave us a decent profit but oh boy, we earned every penny of that profit.

Another point is that our 2 "youngest" are as much, if not more French in attitude and would have to be dragged back or left here so leaving would not be easy anyway and I ain't planning on leaving just yet !

Miki