Registering a Chambres D Hotes

PEPPA

We are considering registering our Chambres D'Hotes next year.

We have less than five rooms but the Chambre de Commerce has said we can register to qualify for health cover

I understand that the first years cotisations are just under 2400€, but I am not sure of what the payments are subsequently.

Also along with health cover what are the advantages of becoming  sireted ( what expenses are claimable)

thanks

You will be set up as a Micro Enterprise which will normally mean you will be taxed as a Micro BIC. From an accounting point of view you only need to keep a copy of every invoice/bill you produce for every person that stays with you. Add them all together and and put the total on the tax form, the Tresor Public will work out your tax liability from there. Under the Micro BIC system you do not need to keep any reciepts for purchases as you will recieve a very generous tax allowance to cover them. For 2006 the allowance was 72%.

As stated before, on advice gratefully received from MIKI . Don't forget it is possible to register for part year. We register for start-up in April and de-register at the end of September. By doing this it has cut the cost of outgoings considerably. If you pay the CdC about 50e ,they advise all the required Depts and save you doing a lot of paperwork.Plus they know the correct procedure and get it right first time. We have found our CdC in St.Malo to be very helpful.

Regards.

Hi again

a half year registration probably wouldnt suit us as we get quite a lot of american guests during the winter months.

I  have had conflicting advise on whether to stay as a micro Bic or register as a Chambre d'Hotes and just need to be certain on the best option to avoid a costly mistake!

Any additional advise gratefully received

If the link to that website near Le Mont St Michel, that you have on your post is something to do with you, then can you say why are you not getting cover through that activity ?

If it is you, then surely you can then simply add on an activity like B&B to your farming activity.

[quote user="PEPPA"]I  have had conflicting advise on whether to stay as a micro Bic or register as a Chambre d'Hotes and just need to be certain on the best option to avoid a costly mistake![/quote]

This is a confusing statement - a Chambre d'Hotes can be registered under the MicroBIC regime. Is your existing business the farming activity? For which you are already registered and in the MicroBIC tax regime? In which case, as Shawny said, you simply declare the supplementary letting income on form 2042C. If, however, the B&B constitutes more than 50% of your income, or generates more than €23,000 it should be registered as well as your main activity.

Please clarify - it's difficult to see exactly what it is you need to know!

I might be wrong but it appears to me that PEPPA does not have a registered business already and that is why he or she would like to register - " to qualify for health cover".  I wasn't aware that it was possible to do farming legally without registering. I noticed on the website, the gite and B and B gives prices in Sterling...

If I am right, it would probably be better to register the farming activity and have the B&B and gite as a sideline as Jo suggested. The recent healthcare provision changes would appear to be the catalyst for bringing lots of people in to the system.

Danny