Decret du 4 Aout 2007 - Chambres d'hotes

fivecats

Dont forget that you have until the end of December 2007 to make a declaration for your chambres d'hotes at your mairie. This declaration covers the number of rooms let,  periods when you are open and your maximum capacity. You have to make this complete declaration even if you may have made some declaration to the mairie in the past.

The lists of chambres d'hotes will be able to be consulted in the mairie.

Please note that hoteliers are looking forward to consulting this list to denounce anybody not complying with the regulations, e.g letting six rooms when you can only let up to five to be termed a chambres d'hotes, etc.

Fivecats

There is now an official form that has been issued (cerfa 13566*1 you can get a copy by clicking HERE ours was sent to us by GDF with a covering letter explaining the Decret)). This is the form you MUST use. If like me you have been sent a 'hand made' form by your mairie, completed it and got a receipt you should still download this form, complete it, hand it in and get a receipt as it is the only official government form.

Don't forget it is extremely important to get a written receipt. I took mine in got them to stamp and sign it then to give me a photocopy which I have since filed just in case.

I rather suspect that most, if not all, of us know about this by now as it has been discussed a here few times in the past.

• 2 weeks later...