A good example of a dodgy booking enquiry

Wendy

We get a lot of these; they all have yahoo addresses and they all want accommodation for 3 weeks or more, and always ask for single rooms...

Head Office:
Flat 2-1, 35,
Polwarth Street,
Glasgow,G129UE,                                      
Scotland.
United Kingdom.

Hello,

Could you please confirm availability and total cost for the dates stated below for 3 guests from the Scotland, UK. I am harrison jenny of the Flat 2-1, 35 Polwarth Street,Glasgow,G129UE Scotland, UK  of harrison Tours Rental Services Ltd.

Arrival Date: 6th may, 2008
Departure Date: 20th May 2008
Room Type: Standard single Room
Number Of Rooms: 3
Length of Stay: 2 weeks

Please advise availabilty.Moreover, what is the TOTAL COST in EURO or USD for the entire period? and the total cost however should reflect government taxes. As our policy, my agency will make a deposit for this booking via certified cheque, once availability and total cost is confirmed. Is this ok? Your prompt response will be appreciated and hoping that we could partner in the hospitality business.

Sincerely yours,

Jenny

There you have it. Ignore and delete them.

Hi Etoile, we are getting a raft of these types from Glasgow and Scotland in general lately. One even came from Canada. I especially love the one's from a 'doctor' or the owner of a tour company...all with a yahoo address and shocking spelling. Funny how they always have four couples but want four single rooms...

You don't have to be an Einstein to work these out.

• 1 month later...
We have had about eight now this year (not counting last years) and they all seem to eminate from the Ivory Coast and there abouts.  They all seem to want a minimum of three months stay in a CDH.  I wonder if they need this for some sort of residency.  But all are using this 'advance payment in full' scam.  I have just put them in the spam box.  I did try to post a warning on another site but had it removed for some ridiculous reason they refuse to give.  Do beware though, there are a lot of them about and they sometimes seem a really good option if bookings are slow.  Wishing you all a good season for 2008;[:D]

If you want to go to www.419eater.com/, you will see that there are people who seem to enjoy scamming the scammers  ...They have even got them to send photos of themselves  after engaging them in long correspondence .....Some of them are very funny  especially as some of the scammers who target churches in the UK  have found themselves they believe  getting a reply from "Pope Benedict " requesting a full breakdown of the costs of the "  religious project  " the scam was planning  .. like money to drive out devils !

Actually it is mostly Nigeria that these scams originate from. You have to feel sorry for the person that is roped into this business though; they desperately need the work and money there and obviously get a cut (albeit small) when some stupid gullible person from our end takes the bait.

We`are at present working on a way that one can make money from these comedic scam email requests; will let you know when we hit on an idea.