Notifying the Marie

Can't help you with the wording of the letter, as I know next to nothing about chambres d'hotes.

The wording I can help with is M-A-I-R-I-E, not Marie.

Marie is the Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus. I know it is hard to get it right, but they will like it if you do.

Good luck with the rest.

I took the completed form to the Mairie & the 'What do you expect us to do with this' & other comments confirmed my research that there isn't any registered competition for us in the Commune.

I also took a trip to our local Customs office to obtain the relevant license, the person I spoke to there insisted that I only need a Class 1 License & that I obtain this from the Mairie.

After a 24 hour wait, I have the application form from the Mairie but do I only need a Class 1 license if we are serving alcohol with evening meals ?

Our Mayor was already 'clued up' on this but if you are having problems getting them to accept the form like they don't know what it is or what to do with it then its not a bad idea to print out the Decret a link to which is below.

http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/WAspad/UnTexteDeJorf?numjo=ECER0759563D

The most important thing to protect yourself is to get a receipt and you can draw the mayors attention to the bit that starts with Art. D. 324-15  which tells them to give you said receipt. You need to stick to your guns on the receipt thing as I know of one office where they are saying they will send the owner a letter of confirmation and nothing has turned up. Personally I filled the form in and copied it then took both to the mayor and got him to sign and date the copy there and then.

They asked me if I wanted the 2nd page of the above form stamped, so I said 'oui' & grabbed it as soon as it was stamped which I assume is enough to protect me.

Anyone any idea of the class of license I need to serve wine & beer with evening meals ?, as I mentioned above, the Customs officer said Class 1.