Reg a B&B

egger

Hi all

We have reg our B&B with the Marie, do we have to reg anywhere else. This is not our main income. Also do we still need a licence for serving coffee and tea? I have an appointment with the accountant but thats not untill May.

If your using an accountant he/she will no doubt put you right.The question being,do you really need one? If you go down the correct route I believe the local Mairie is your first stop to ask if you CAN open a B&B. You now have to advise them anyway. Next stop the CdC to register and for a fee of about 55e to register plus another 55e they will advise all the parties who will collect your dues. As thankfully pointed out by the honourable  former member Miki, you can register for only 6 months. We used to register from April 1st  and deregister on Sept 31st. This cuts downs your outgoings unless you wish to open all year. A very useful and economic saving. You get 72% of your takings allowed against taxable income WITHOUT any receipts.

I have no doubt that more learned members will fill in more details and correct any of my unintentional mistakes.

Regards.

I have filled the forms in at the Mairie, and he has no problem with me opening the B&B. I thought that was it, because it is not my main income, except putting what I earn on the end of year tax form. If I went to the cdc, would that not be classed as another biz, with all the monthly payments. Is there somewhere else that you can go? or do I need to go any where else.

[quote user="Lachouette"][quote user="egger"]

Also do we still need a licence for serving coffee and tea? I have an appointment with the accountant but thats not untill May.

[/quote]

You certainly do..........even if it's jsut to serve tea and coffee at breakfast.  Try this thread http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1080664/ShowPost.aspx

Jan
[/quote]

But you certainly don't need to register at the CdC if it's not your main income or you'll be lumbered with two sets of cotisations for no reason!

Unless it's changed you go to the Duanes (that's the Customs people), look them up in the phone book for your nearest office. There is no charge for the licence although some do charge an 'administration' fee. If I were you I would get a Grand licence. It's also free and allows to to either give or sell wine with any evening meals you serve (not the word 'give', yes even to give wine away you need a licence and it must be with a probler 3 course meal not a sandwich and bag of crisps).

[quote user="egger"]I only want to serve tea and coffee, do I go to the Mairie again to get a class 1 licence.  If not the CdC then where do I have to go to reg? Thanks for your help Lachouette[/quote]

As Oscar says, in the circs you describe you don't need to register with the CdC or CdM. In fact, even if it is your main income (which it isn't in your case) some CdC won't want you to register, despite the supposed "clarification" by the minister of tourism in last August's decree,.  It appears that it's down to their individual interpretation of "habituel" and some take it to mean you have to be open all year and have paying guests in every single night.

[quote user="Quillan"]Unless it's changed you go to the Duanes (that's

the Customs people), look them up in the phone book for your nearest

office. [/quote]

The Dwaynes around here didn't have the forms for a petit licence.  The Hotel de Ville found them under 6 inches of dust in a cleaning cupboard.  Once filled in and stamped by everyone from the mayor to the prefect's mistress, Dwayne eventually stamped the licence as well.  If looking for "Duanes"  in the phone book, try under "Douanes" in your prefectoral town.

• 1 month later...

[quote user="Quillan"] If I were you I would get a Grand licence. It's also free and allows to to either give or sell wine with any evening meals you serve (not the word 'give', yes even to give wine away you need a licence and it must be with a probler 3 course meal not a sandwich and bag of crisps).[/quote]

We have been to the Maire this afternoon to get a class 2 license, they stamped the form & told us to take the form to the Duanes, who refused to issue a class 2 license saying that as a Chambres d'hote we couldn't provide evening meals therefore couldn't provide alcohol.