baggage transfer for randonneurs

water rat

Does anyone offer a baggage transfer service to the next stop for randonneurs?

We wondered about doing this ,but were concerned about the insurance aspect and the responsibility once the baggage is dropped off. We decided to offer a pick-up drop-off service to the GR track which is about 4 kms from us after a couple ordered a taxi to us then picked them up the next morning. Our free service is proving quite popular so we sounded out the walkers about baggage transfer. It appears it already exists in more touristy areas of france so I thought I'd try here.

W Rat 

We're on the GR here too and I do this.  My car is already insured for occasional professional use (I sometimes pick folk up from the airport if they don't want to hire a car) and I make it clear to walkers that baggage transfer is at their risk.  The other chambres d 'hôtes along the route do the same and I always drop off at the same places, where I know the other owners.  If you are using your car make sure it is insured as I thought I was (I had asked) and when I checked the conditions discovered I wasn't.  When I went to see the insurers they said 'Oh well you could always say they were your friends'  !!!!  Too laid back for me - I like it done properly - now properly covered but just a warning to check.

• 4 months later...