coffret cadeau

The trouble is that nothing like this works very well in France and service is non-existent. We have an Orange livebox and we are supposed to be able to call out through it, however most times when you try it just hangs up and you lose your web for a while as well, so we have to go back to FT and pay for the calls.

France is desperate to be a 21st Century country but until they sack half the civil servants and get some attitude towards service they will not get there.

I still enjoy living here but you have to take the very rough with the very smooth...

[quote user="Etoile"]The trouble is that nothing like this works very well in France and service is non-existent. We have an Orange livebox and we are supposed to be able to call out through it, however most times when you try it just hangs up and you lose your web for a while as well, so we have to go back to FT and pay for the calls.[/quote]

Etoile....Smartbox and Wonderbox are companies who sell boxed gift vouchers for days out, stays in B&Bs etc :)

There was an interesting article about this a year or so ago in the 'Acceuillir' magazine....and there were those that loved them and those that had tried accepting them and didn't like it at all. We decided not to go down that line as it seemed that the cut the companies took was a rather large percentage. If you like, and if you read French, I can dig out the article and send it to you. There used to be someone on this forum who accepted them and maybe they'll be along with their experience.

Jan

Thought I was in another dimension then, Etoile.

We had some fellow B&Bers stay with us during Aug who were escaping their enormous demand for Smartbox. They must have been doing well to disappear during Aug! However ,I think they take about 40%, which I wouldn't entertain. I was going to get in touch with GdF ,but were sounding the forum out first.