New Telephone Scam

You may receive a call that appears to come from one of the big Gite and B&B advertisers. In my personal case it was allegedly from Chez Nous. What you need to do is keep an eye on the numbers your phone displays before you pick it up. If the number is 00420239011111 then it is a scam. Basically they are a bunch of scammers operating out of the Czech Republic and they tailor their scam to the type of business or person they are trying to scam. In my case they were offering a one time only special offer to advertise in the Chez Nous catalog and on their website but I had to pay today by credit card.

I discovered this because we have had several calls from this number over the last few days but when we picked up the phone there was either nothing or a recording saying we had called the wrong extension, strange because they had called us. In a moment of boredom I typed the number in to Google which is how I discovered about it being a scam. Fortunately I wouldn't advertise with Chez Nous anyway so theres no harm done but it is a scam I had not heard of before and my 'radar' didn't pick up on.

• 1 year later...
Had a few calls from this and other similar numbers over the last few days recently, had another episode back last year too, this one 00420239011111 on a google search shows it has been going on for years the one forum I looked at was 2008!!

It seem ridiculous that in this day and age with telecoms being controlled by computers you can cannot bar calls from selected countries. They really P155 me off when they call and I am trying to have a little afternoon siesta after getting up for work 3am Grrrrrr!!!

[quote user="Quillan"]

a one time only special offer to advertise in the Chez Nous catalog and on their website but I had to pay today by credit card.

[/quote]

Anyone who says you have to sign up at that moment to get the deal is most likely up to no good .... always!