Ferry fares for guests

Russethouse

BF's owner's club offers 15% reduction for guests - but as you can only (officially) have three guest bookings per year now I wouldn't imagine many people bother. I believe the P&O scheme offers 'up to 30%' and doesn't put a limit.

Will (50)

I think most of the Internet Gite advertising sites have links to discount ferry fares and some people belong to organisiations that can get discounted fares so I usually assume that people sort out the best way for them. In the past I have offered people the BF discount vouchers, but that is only 15% off their extremely expensive fares, and I have rarely had anyone take up the offer. I find, even at this distance from Calais or the tunnel many people prefer to take the short crossings and drive the distance.

Liz (29)

If you advertise with Owners in France(owned by Brittany ferries) you pay to advertise in their brochure,and on the web. This in turn entitles you to one return journey at 50, and then you are able to offer discounted travel through Brittany Ferries, SeaFrance and Eurotunnel at discounted fares with a special code they allocate you.

Hi Coco,

I found a company called www.accessiblefrance.com very helpful when I was trying to book a "golfing jolly" to the Le Touquet area some time ago. The lady was called Marie Tanning and she could organise ferries (mostly the short crossings in her case) at very reasonable costs (better than I could get on any of the ferry websites) because they had "an arrangement" with them. What exactly that means I don't know, but if you have a look through the website, her telephone number (for both England and France) are on there. The website is still there - I checked earlier.

I don't know if the ferry companies would set up such an arrangement for an individual gite or b & b owner, perhaps a group of you in a particular area could arrange something between you. Just a thought. Anything that helps to get the ferry costs down must be worth a try!!

Good luck.

(ps. I have absolutely no connection with Accessible France or Marie - I just recall her being very helpful)