Mobile gites!!

bedders

For those holidaymakers that want to spend their time in a mobile home there is a huge choice available on pleasant sites offering great facilities in superb locations. Take a look at the websites for Eurocamp, Haven, Keycamp, Ian Mearns etc. to name but a few, not to mention those offered directly by many French 4 star campsites. Those people that enjoy a caravan type holiday without staying one of these busy sites probably already have their own touring van.

My instinct tells me that the only way you would let your mobiles would be at very low rents and even then don't expect more than about six weeks rental. You would need to ask yourselves if an annual income of say 2,500€ (being generous)per unit would cover your costs. I suspect not especially after you have installed electricity supplies, mains water supplies and drainage to each unit.

You would need to get planning permission to site mobiles on your land and you may find that you run into even more red tape. If you seriously want to research this further then make an appointment to see you Maire. He will be more than happy to offer you constructive advice as more tourists staying in his commune means more money into the local economy - not to mention more taxes from you !