Cooking smells remedy

Clair

I hope this is not going to be seen as advertising!

Despite all my cleaning efforts, changes of the extractor filters and spraying the furnishings, our gîte had greatly suffered from lingering cooking smells (curry and fish mainly).

I have had an Oust fan (with battery) at the top of the kitchen cupboards all summer and it has done an exceptional job of clearing all the smells from the whole house.

I had to change the battery (supplied) once, but it has lasted 8 weeks and there's still some stuff left in the bottle.

I stay away from "plug-ins" as I have read that they were a fire hazard if left plugged-in when empty.

Clair

[quote]Don't you have a VMC, as they are on all the time, they tend to carry most smells away. You can get plugins that work with batteries now.[/quote]

No , there is no space to install a VMC and as the attic had already been converted by a previous owner when we bought the place, it would be too much work to fit one now!

How does a plugin work with batteries?

Clair

[quote]Can you buy the Oust fans in France as I haven't seen them here, if so can you tell me where to get them, I've seen Oust products in England but so far not in the Limousin area.[/quote]

I've seen them in Géant in Aurillac.

They were on special offer and the refill was priced just slightly cheaper than the start-up kit (fan+bottle+battery), so I bought several kits...

Clair