Best places to advertise my property???

Smiley

Hi there, I have recently finished refurbishing our house in Ariege and would like to rent it out for a few months of the year to assist with the running costs. I have set up my own web-site but need to know the best places to advertise. I am fortunate that some friends I have made while being down there are prepared to act as changeover agents for me and keep an eye on the place. I know there are lots of 'free' sites charging commission only but which sites actually pull in the bookings?

Any help gratefully received. Thanks in advance

you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Its difficult because different rental sites tend to bring in different results for different property owners. I can recommend you look at www.laymyhat.com

as there is chapter and verse on the varying sites you can advertise on. Personally, I have always found the free sites a waste of time. Unless you are prepared to pay for your advertising, perhaps as much as 5% of expected income, you won't get the bookings.

I would recommend that you do a search on the words most likely to suit your property/area and see what rental listing sites come out top. In addition there are the more expensive but established sites such as holiday-rentals.com, which have brought in good business for me.