Reporting foreign visitors to the gendarmes

Clair

While doing some research yesterday, I came across this text: http://www.inforeg.ccip.fr/fiches/pdf/gite_rural.pdf

[quote]L’OUVERTURE ET L’EXPLOITATION D’UN GÎTE RURAL (updated 13/04/07)

B. Cas particulier de la clientèle étrangère

L’exploitant d’un gîte rural est tenu de faire remplir et signer à tous ses clients de nationalité étrangère une fiche individuelle de police.

Les informations suivantes doivent être portées sur la fiche :

• - le nom et le(s) prénom(s) de la personne ;
  • - sa date et son lieu de naissance ;
  • - sa nationalité ;
  • - l’adresse de son domicile habituel de l’étranger.
Elle doit être remise le jour même aux autorités de police.

Remarque : le modèle de fiche de police a été défini réglementairement. Il est possible de se le procurer auprès de la préfecture.[/quote]

Does anyone know about this or has any owner done this?

I am going to make some enquiries with the local gendarmes and will call the préfecture tomorrow.

I will update accordingly.

I didn't know about it and don't do it. I have no problem with providing the detail of the person who does the booking (except for perhaps asking their age/DOB) but with large groups it will impossible to get the info and a real pain in the neck for the person booking, especially if they are only staying for a weekend.

It was an interesting document, I was struck by this part

[quote]II. CONDITIONS DE FONCTIONNEMENT

1. A. Information du locataire

2. 1. Remise d’un état descriptif des lieux loués

L’exploitant d’un gîte rural doit remettre à tout locataire, avant même que celui-ci ne s’engage, un état descriptif des lieux loués, leur situation dans la localité et les conditions de leur location.

Remarque :

l’arrêté n° 25-305 du 16 mai 1967 a défini un modèle type d’état descriptif. Il ne constitue qu’une base et peut être librement complété par toute autre précision nécessaire à la bonne information du locataire. Il est possible de se le procurer auprès de la direction départementale de la concurrence, de la consommation et de la répression des fraudes (DDCCRF) dont vous pouvez obtenir les coordonnées à partir du site suivant : http://lesservices.service-public.fr/local/index.htm

1. 2. Sanctions

Cette formalité est obligatoire et son omission est passible d’une amende contraventionnelle de 1 500 euros ou, en cas de récidive, de 3 000 euros.

Par ailleurs, si les informations diffusées ne correspondent pas à la situation et aux caractéristiques réelles du gîte, l’exploitant peut être sanctionné au titre du délit de publicité mensongère (par exemple, pour les personnes physiques, amende de 37 500 euros et/ou emprisonnement de deux ans). [/quote]

Does this mean that guests who arrive at a gite and find that it doesn't conform to the advertising on the website and is in fact a real coalhole can now report this to the gendarmes?

I don't think anyone these days sends the names and address's of their guests to the Gendarmes. This question was asked some time back and ther was quite a long thread about it I seem to remeber. Wecertainly keep records of our guests name and address in case of accidents etc. Bit of an embarsment if you don't know who is staying with you.

With regards to accomodation not being what is advertised.:

Une annonce inexacte est répréhensible.

(Décret W67-128 du 14 février 1967)

Toute personne qui, a I'occasion d'une location saisonnière ou d'une offre de location saisonnière d'un local meuble, en vue de I'habitation, aura fourni des renseignements manifestement inexacts sur la situation de I'immeuble, la consistance et I'état des lieux, les éléments de confort ou I'ameublement est passible d'une amende de 3750 €, qui peut atteindre 7500 € en cas de récidive.

Translated

An inaccurate advertisement is illegal.

(W67-128 Decree of February 14 1967)

Any person who offers the seasonal hiring of a building (apartment, villa, bungalow, room) and provides obviously incorrect information in their advertising is liable to a fine of 3750 Euros, which can reach 7500 Euros in the event of repetition.

In the late 30s and up to the 60s  you had to fill in a small cardboard slip with name address. passport number etc when you booked into a small hotel. Unlike the UK where M Mouse and Sir Max Aitken did regular night shifts for the Daily Express the gendarmes used to be a little peaved if you signed in as M.Bovary  however I do not think it has been a legal requirement for over 30 years

Last year we had a visit from the Gendarmes asking us to fill in these forms, and we had another visit of them last week.

We have a B&B in the Correze and apparently the Gendarmes are concerned about possible "terrorists" from the Pays Basque visiting the region to plot their evil deeds.

We have not yet complied to do this, because it seems that we are one of the few, if not the only, in our neighbourhood who have been asked to do so.