SIRET number for Chèques-Vacances

Clair

A French family has paid their booking deposit with Cheques-Vacances (they're like luncheon vouchers for holidays).

I have looked into joining the ANVC, but they require a SIRET number, which I do not have. They advised me to request it from the regional tax office...

I did not think I would want a SIRET number, as in my mind, SIRET = company/entreprise = contributions, which I already pay into the system through my employment.

I don't mind paying my due, but I'd rather not volunteer to pay more than that...

Have I got this all wrong?

Is there out there someone who has a salaried activity and a SIRET number for a holiday rental activity?

PS: concerning the vouchers, it has all worked out in the end, as the Tourist Office in the village is able to send them for me for payment.

Clair, you can get a SIRET from the Hôtel d'Impôts, if you have a micro bic for your gites, without changing tax régime and becoming effectively professional (i.e. paying the cotisations etc.). I got mine when I was in the same situation as you, a salarié with the gite income secondary to that. I didn't have to enroll at the ch de com to get one. However, a SIRET isn't the only criteria for joining the scheme, you have to have accreditation from either G de F or Clévacances to join the ANCV - I'm not with either so have never been able to join.

[quote user="ltf"]Clair, you can get a SIRET from the Hôtel d'Impôts, if you have a micro bic for your gites, without changing tax régime and becoming effectively professional (i.e. paying the cotisations etc.). I got mine when I was in the same situation as you, a salarié with the gite income secondary to that. I didn't have to enroll at the ch de com to get one. However, a SIRET isn't the only criteria for joining the scheme, you have to have accreditation from either G de F or Clévacances to join the ANCV - I'm not with either so have never been able to join.

[/quote]

Thanks ltf.

Good to know I can do that if the need arises. Having read another thread about the tax people being insistent on a professional status, I was rather concerned with the potential consequences...

I have passed the vouchers on to the Tourist Office guy and he will give me a cheque in two or three weeks (I have a receipt!)

As far as accreditation is concerned, the ANCV person I spoke to told me that my préfecture assessment/rating would be accepted if I wanted to join.

You might want to consider that rather than a GdF or CV rating (I do know of your objections to GdF and CV ratings and I share them to a point). See here: http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/603758/ShowPost.aspx

Thankyou Clair, I had no idea a préfecture assessment would be acceptable, rather than G de F or Clévacances.  I will add that to my list of things to do this year. I do accept pets, so that should be in my favour, but I will need to go out and buy a couple more pressure cookers for the two smaller gites [;-)]