Greffe du tribunal de commerce

Does anyone know what article 72 is with respect to business papers and the obligations associated with the article. I think it is about referencing my recently registered gite complete with identification number etc in a formal letting agreement and possibly elsewhere, but I am having a bit of trouble interpreting exactly what the requirement is. The letter came from the Greffier du Tribunal. 

We had really big problems with the Greffe as our notaire kindly set up a business in my name when we bought the gites without telling us.

When we then registered with the tax office it came up two years down the line all these massive cotisations for health etc for a business I did not set up or sign anything. They kept saying you have a business and it was a complete nightmare as no matter how much you tell them on the phone they just did not beleive us. We had to go and see them in person for them to see that we had the paperwork for our gites and siret number etc and we had no other business. We had to take every bit of paperwork we could lay our hands on as they wanted to see all sorts of things. They then said oh yes I see whats been done, Which was what we told them had been done and they then cancelled the business that did not excist. So if I was you I would go and see them in person if they are anything like the one in Nantes we went to see. 

I think my situation is a bit different in that I have just registered my gite as a professional business and will have to pay the cotisations due, so really I expect that to happen. What I am not sure about is exactly what they are asking me to do because they are quoting articles at me that I am not familiar with and from what I can translate they are saying I have certain obligations I need to fulfill, I just wondered if anyone knew exactly what those obligations are, I think it may be in relation to the terms and conditions I give to people renting the gite and declaring the registration information for the business but would like this confirmed to make sure I comply properly.

Do you or anyone else know?

Thanks 

[quote user="Sticky"]Does anyone know what article 72 is with respect to business papers and the obligations associated with the article. I think it is about referencing my recently registered gite complete with identification number etc in a formal letting agreement and possibly elsewhere, but I am having a bit of trouble interpreting exactly what the requirement is. The letter came from the Greffier du Tribunal. [/quote]

You may mean this:

Article 72 of

Decree No. 84-406 dated 30 May 1984 relating to the Commercial and

Companies Registry requires that "every registered person sets out on his

invoices, purchase orders, tariffs and advertising material as well as on all

correspondence and all receipts relating to his activity and signed by him or

in his name:

-  the identification number provided in compliance with the Decree

No. 97-497 dated 16 May 1997 relating to the unique identification number

for businesses:

-  the letters RCS

followed by the name of the town where the Greffe with which it is registered

is situated.

If

the Commercial and Companies Registry is transferred to a new Greffe, in

principle the identification number will stay the same, since it is a unique

number issued by INSEE, only they name of the town where the registration

Greffe is situated will change.

Hope that helps, but if it's a different Article 17, please provide the Decree and its date.