Another Scam

JJ

Dear All,

I recently recieved the below booking enquiry via the frenchentree.com site, I was unable to accomodate, so passed it onto a friend, needless to say it was a scam from the Ivory Coast, what threw us was that it was in french, the english language ones are easier to spot.

The Enquiry:

Bonjour M. et Mme,
j'aimerais faire une location pour une periode de 2 mois à compter du 30 Aout 2008 au 30 Octobre 2008 pour 3 personnes dont 2 adultes et 1 enfant de 4 ans. Si disponible pour cette période, veuillez me faire parvenir la confirmation et un devis de ma location (montant total de ma location pour la période requise y compris les charges )et un contrat de location si possible ainsi que vos coordonnées bancaires.
Je suis en attente de vous lire.
Mr Gerard Perrin

My friend later told me he outcome, which be useful for us all;

They were sneaky buggers though even using DHL (an imitation of) to try and get money out of us. They even sent a web link to a false DHL company. Basically, when I said that i didn't take direct bank payments only cheques the swine tried to persuade me that for him to send the cheque via DHL (he even photocopied a completed cheque in our name and emailed it to me) I would need to pay the postage of over €300 to receive it. I even received an email from 'DHL' to confirm this. They really are b......ds aren't they?

So be warned.

Hi JJ

I received the same email via same site, I don't know if you or anyone else who got the request noticed, but although he had a 'spanish' email, the phone number began 225 (I think, binned the email!!) and from previous emails I have received that are similar, the number is for the Ivory Coast ( did a route plan to find address!!)  Nearly all the ones I get from there (and I get a few!) are in French but some are in very poor English.  Is there a website anywhere where you can post said tel numbers and addresses, could be useful[:D]

Jetlag

Jetlag,

Sorry, I do not know of any sites where you can post tel numbers etc, which would be useful for us all.

Might be coincidence, but I am at Virollet, spitting distance from you at Chadeniers.

A small world.

Another one received tonight from a Yahoo account

[quote]Bonjour ,Mr

Je me nomme

philippe Kxxxxxx et je voudrais faire une location pour 2 mois à

compter du 28 juillet 2008 au 10  septembfre 2008 chez vous pour 3

personnes .

Veuillez svp me faire une offre de prix en fonction de la disponibilité.

mode de paiement est par virement bancaire , car je viens resider dans

votre region seulement deux mois .

je reside en cote d'ivoire .

Cordialement,

Mr Philippe Kxxxxxx

TEL: (+225) 0x 61 40 20[/quote]

A google search for the tel # brings up a lottery scam, where it is the DHL contact tel number in Abidjan...

A google search for the name brings up a musician booking scam, as his daughter is getting married and he wants to book a band in Abidjan...