Hands up who has a dog in their kitchen?

Kitty

I don't have mine in the kitchen and even then one of them managed to nick all the starters one evening.  The lucky guests got some of our Xmas foie gras and were none the wiser.!!  I am amazed to hear that we are srving 'high-risk' food.  Look out for dangerous low flying croissants everyone!

[quote user="Cathy"]

So the EU has decreed that B&B owners are not allowed a dog in the kitchen.  Read:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2113345/Dog-ban-means-hundreds-of-BandampBs-face-closure.html

Do any of you keep a dog in the kitchen?  I do at night as it's the warmest place.

[/quote]

That seems odd because I have often seen dogs in restaunts here.  One I go to about 3 times a month (always on a Friday) has a family whocome in and the dog sits at the table with a bib on and the family feed it scraps.  I have no objection to this, in fact is is kind of quaint and I presume the dishes are washed.  Our dogs (all 4 of them.. all westies)  live in the kitchen and we never feed them from the table and they are as good as gold.  What is the big deal?

Cathy... you crazy woman you..   I think you are having a joke with us.

I love my dogs but I do keep them out of the kitchen even when we don't have paying guests. Personally, I don't mind dogs in a kitchen but from a customers point of view it isn't good so i'm a real stickler for it. But what about cats?

[quote user="Pads"]In my kitchen, in my bed , on my sofa, in my  heart, in my arms ....... whats the difference ?[:)] [/quote]

Well dogs in particular carry very bad bacterior in their mouths.  Their bum stuff (I invented that phrase please respect copyright) carries very deadly thigys which can make you sick and stuff.  These are pets and they belong on the floor

On your bike you sad git ...... [:D] i aint dead yet and I have had dogs for 46 years .....as long as you make sure they are fit and healthy they arnt going to kill you... its a sad world where we cant have a few germs.... I was teethed sharing a marrow bone with the dog .... If I was going to die from a few germs I think they may of got me by now.....[;-)]   

[quote user="Pads"]On your bike you sad git ...... [:D] i aint dead yet and I have had dogs for 46 years .....as long as you make sure they are fit and healthy they arnt going to kill you... its a sad world where we cant have a few germs.... I was teethed sharing a marrow bone with the dog .... If I was going to die from a few germs I think they may of got me by now.....[;-)]   [/quote]

I do joke a lot but seriously, if you allow a dog to lick your lips you can have serious problems.  Dogs lick their bums and the bums of other dogs.  These can have worms and other parasites.  These are transfered to your mouth and the parasites can cause liver and intestine problems.  Don't take my word for it, ask a vet ot a doctor or look it up on google.  Seriously. Do not allow a dog to lick your mouth.

Here is an extract from a medical website.  One of many but this should show I am not joking:

Like people, all animals carry germs. Some illnesses that are common among house pets — such as distemper, canine parvovirus, and heartworms — can't be transmitted to humans. But pets also carry certain bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungi that can cause illness if transmitted to humans. Humans get these animal-borne diseases when they're bitten or scratched or have contact with an animal's waste, saliva, or dander.

lick my lips.... do you think Im a pervert ?... [:D] My dog has been wormed and is fit and healthy... we live in a very rural area and my dog only runs on my land, hence meets no other dogs except friends dogs who are also wormed and healthy.... I say again 46 years of dog ownership and Im still alive..... If i was you Id worry about being blow up by terrorist .... more likely than dieing of a dog related death ....[;-)]

[quote user="Pads"]lick my lips.... do you think Im a pervert ?... [:D] My dog has been wormed and is fit and healthy... we live in a very rural area and my dog only runs on my land, hence meets no other dogs except friends dogs who are also wormed and healthy.... I say again 46 years of dog ownership and Im still alive..... If i was you Id worry about being blow up by terrorist .... more likely than dieing of a dog related death ....[;-)][/quote]

Many people do let the dogs lick their lips you know...if not you..  Ok.  Lets agree to differ.. I probably got it wrong. 

Cheers

PS

My Dad smoked 95 fags a day and lived till he was 101

[quote user="Pads"]

Bless you [:D]you sad person[:)] get a life and worry about wots worth worrying about [kiss]

By the way my eyes are to old to work out your picture ... wot is it ?

[/quote]

Its a picture my uncle painted and was on show at the Tate Modern for a bit.  I am not sure that it is appropriate that you make personal commnets about me but I guess as they say more aboout you tham me it is OK.

Here is some more information of which you obviously were blissfully unaware.

• Campylobacter infection: transmitted by household pets carrying Campylobacter jejuni bacteria, which cause diarrhea, abdominal pain, and fever in people. The campylobacter bacteria may exist in the intestinal tract of an infected domestic or wild animal, and a person can become infected through contact with contaminated water, feces, or unpasteurized milk. More than 2 million cases of campylobacter infection occur each year in the United States, and C. jejuni is now the leading cause of bacterial gastroenteritis. Campylobacter infections are contagious, especially among members of the same family and kids in day-care or preschools. This infection is treated with antibiotics.
  • Toxocariasis: an illness caused by the parasitic roundworm Toxocara, which lives in the intestines of dogs and cats. The eggs from the worms are passed in the stools of dogs and cats, often contaminating soil where children play. When a child ingests the contaminated soil, the eggs hatch in the intestine and the larvae spread to other organs, an infection known as visceral larva migrans. Symptoms include fever, cough or wheezing, enlarged liver, rash, or swollen lymph nodes. Symptoms may resolve on their own, or a doctor may prescribe drugs to kill the larvae. When the larvae in the intestine make their way through the bloodstream to the eye, it is known as ocular toxocariasis, or ocular larva migrans, which may lead to a permanent loss of vision.
  • Toxoplasmosis: contracted after contact with a parasite found in cat feces. In most healthy people, toxoplasmosis infection produces no symptoms. When symptoms do occur they may include swollen glands, fatigue, muscle pain, fever, sore throat, and a rash. In pregnant women, toxoplasmosis can cause miscarriage, premature births, and severe illness and blindness in newborns. Pregnant women should avoid contact with litter boxes. People whose immune systems have been weakened by illnesses such as HIV or cancer are at risk for severe complications from toxoplasmosis infection.
  • Ringworm: also called tinea; a skin infection caused by several types of fungi found in the soil and on the skin of humans and pets. Kids can get ringworm from touching infected animals such as dogs and cats. Ringworm of the skin, or tinea corporis, usually is a dry, scaly round area with a raised red bumpy border and a clear center. When the scalp is affected, the area may be flaky, red, or swollen. Often there are bald patches. Ringworm is treated with antifungal medications including shampoo, cream, or oral medicine.
  • Cat scratch disease: can infect a person who is bitten or scratched by a cat with Bartonella henselae bacteria. Symptoms include swollen and tender lymph nodes, fever, headaches, and fatigue, which usually resolve without treatment. However, a doctor may prescribe antibiotics if the infection is severe. Cat scratch disease rarely causes any long-term complications.

I shall not resond to your rude personal remarks and only hope some of this infromation is taken on board.

take Care

CY

[quote user="wiskersnatch"]PS

My Dad smoked 95 fags a day and lived till he was 101[/quote]

Ahhh but did he inhale?

Dogs on laps, sofas OK. Beds no. But try telling my two little sweeties!

If you saw how many rabbits my cat catches as well as their fleas you wouldn't want him on your bed. We don't have to remember when to put frontline on him his ears tell us! 

No your right and I shouldnt be rude .... sorry ... but My life is to full and short to worry about things that might happen. I keep my animals healthy and they live with me as my family .. yes many a dog has licked me and I havnt died ... did you wash your hands before making your dogs dinner ? probally not ... dont you care what you might be passing to him ?

I think in this world man kills more animals then animals kill people ... so I will take my chances !![:D]  

[quote user="Pads"]

No your right and I shouldnt be rude .... sorry ... but My life is to full and short to worry about things that might happen. I keep my animals healthy and they live with me as my family .. yes many a dog has licked me and I havnt died ... did you wash your hands before making your dogs dinner ? probally not ... dont you care what you might be passing to him ?

I think in this world man kills more animals then animals kill people ... so I will take my chances !![:D]  

[/quote]

Like I say.. Let us agree to differ.  Obviously you love your pets jsut as I do mine.  I too have had dogs all my life and thank god for their undying loyalty and companionship.  I was just trying to alert you to the issues and it is likely you already knew about these things.  I never worry about giving my pets a disease and maybe you are right and I should.  I take your coments on board and do agree maybe I am abit too ott with the issue.

Good luck to you and your pets.  oone who loves their pets can be all bad but I suggest, respectfully that I am neither sad nor the other thing you said. 

Take care and good night to you.

Like I say.. Let us agree to differ.  Obviously you love your pets jsut as I do mine.  I too have had dogs all my life and thank god for their undying loyalty and companionship.  I was just trying to alert you to the issues and it is likely you already knew about these things.  I never worry about giving my pets a disease and maybe you are right and I should.  I take your coments on board and do agree maybe I am abit too ott with the issue.

Good luck to you and your pets.  oone who loves their pets cant be all bad but I suggest, respectfully that I am neither sad nor the other thing you said. 

Take care and good night to you.