Bons de la CAF

Fi

Have just an enquiry  asking if we accept les bons de la CAF.  I can work out what they are, that is pretty obvious, but I am not sure how you go about accepting them.  Does anyone know anything about these vouchers?

Bookings are so slow I'll take anything!

Fi

Do you need to be registered with the CAF to redeem them?

If not, how would you redeem them?

I take Chèque-Vacances (not Bons de la CAF) because I know that, although I am not registered with the Chèque-Vacances organisation (ANVC), I can get them redeemed through the Office de Tourisme in the village.

Clair

Are you registered with your local tourist office?  We are not, but I must go and talk to them soon.  Or perhaps I should go down the GdF route (even though their requirements for kitchen utensils seem a little OTT to me!)  I would assume that I need to have some kind of official registration in order to register with CAF or ANVC. 

This is our first season and it is definitely a voyage of discovery!

Many thanks.

[quote user="Fi"]Clair

Are you registered with your local tourist office?[/quote]

Yes I am, but to be allowed to do so, I was told I had to be registered/inspected either by GdF or CléVacances.

Because I did not want to be with either, I got a rating inspection from the préfecture as an independent.

With ANVC, I did look into registering with them, but it was just easier to use the tourist office, as it is registered with ANVC.

I give them the vouchers, they send them to ANVC and write me bank cheque when the vouchers are redeemed.

The ANVC takes 1% of the value as admin costs as per their T&C.

EDIT: This thread has the details of how I registered with the préfecture:

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/603758/ShowPost.aspx

Goodness, getting a rating as an independent sounds like a bit of a performance.  GdF have said that they would be able to do a visit in June, and assuming I fulfil their requirements, I would get on the website immediately, official rating etc to follow in due course.  Of course, there is a potential problem - in one of the gites the bathroom opens off the kitchen, and there is no exclusion zone between them which could be a problem. (something done by the previous owners).  The other one should be OK.  Incidentally I have a very ancient pressure cooker in the bits and pieces box - do you think that would suffice?[;-)]

Many thanks for prompt and useful information as usual.

Fi

Here you are (only in French).  I would suggest that you contact your department's GdF office - they are very helpful - even if some of their requirements are rather OTT (pressure cooker, multiple frying pans etc etc) they will give you good advice.    Sorry, can't help with Clevacances - they don'thave much presence here so I didn't bother!

http://www.gites-de-france.com/gites/fr/gites_d_etape_sejour/en_savoir_plus/obtenir_le_label_gites_de_france

Fi