Accommodation hunt, Arcachon bassin

Polly

I am trying to find self-catering accommodation for late September around the Arcachon bassin, say at Andernos les Bains or Lège-Cap-Ferret, but would consider anywhere in that general area near the sea west of Bordeaux. If anyone has anything suitable (house, chalet or mobile home) please pm me

For 2 adults. On-site parking and dogs accepted ESSENTIAL. Pool & internet access not needed.

• 2 weeks later...
Well none of you lot could help, but Google is a girl's best friend so for anyone looking for price comparisons I have booked 2-bed accommodation with shared pool, accepting dogs, on site parking, elec, gas & heating included for 238 euros for 7 nights

Bedlinen extra, supplement if I can't be bothered to clean at the end.

We will know in September!

The property is French owned. We have been given photos, brochure, plan & complete inventory down to the last coffee spoon.

I have paid more in the past for lets and been very disappointed.

Only one dog will coming with us now, and as there is a fee per dog it is a tad cheaper than it would have been.

No, t'other is not being left home alone with a tin opener: junior's booked into school for a week (he's a guide dog pup)

Gosh.....I wonder can it be worth renti ng a property at that price?
From the owner's point of view!
Sept in our region is glorious.

I am a little more than an hour from Arcachon...maybe a bit more....but I have friends there and I know that property is rather exspensive in relation to some other areas.

• 2 months later...
Dear Leo & Jon,

Thank you for your concerns about our holiday booking.

I am delighted to be able to tell you that the accommodation was fine, exactly as described & spotlessly clean.

We ate some great seafood and the sun shone every day - what more can you ask for?

BTW, we found Arcachon itself too 'citified' for our tastes, more lap dog than proper dog (so my lab told me), we preferred the other side of the bay, and beyond up the coast to Lacanau.

• 1 month later...

I have also been investigating some gitses/houses in the Arcachon area for my next family vacation in a few months. I particularly need something quite big, since there will be 5 of us going. Here are the sites I like best so far:

http://www.homelidays.co.uk/EN-Holidays-Rental/fr_aquitaine_33-gironde_fr/arcachon_r3.asp

Most of their houses seem quite large. I also found this site that looks good:

http://www.casamundo.co.uk/france/aquitaine/arcachon.htm

I especially like the old-looking cottages! Otherwise I've been searching the official site of Arcachon for accommodation ideas:

http://www.arcachon.com/pageseditos,458,left_2366AFEF,accomodation,arcachon.html

This last site is also good for ideas on what there is to do there.

[quote user="Polly"]

BTW, we found Arcachon itself too 'citified' for our tastes, more lap dog than proper dog (so my lab told me), we preferred the other side of the bay, and beyond up the coast to Lacanau. [/quote]

You have good taste, Polly.