Warning - faux facture!!

zeb

I received a facture, or what looked like a facture, from www.pagesnet.fr today for nearly 300 euros. I was pretty worried for a bit thinking I'd accidently signed up for something I didn't want, however, on reading the very small, small print, it say that it's 'non obligataire". Some unsuspecting artisan with a load of bills to pay, may have paid it by mistake! So take care, unless you really want to advertise with them.

[quote]I received a facture, or what looked like a facture, from www.pagesnet.fr today for nearly 300 euros. I was pretty worried for a bit thinking I'd accidently signed up for something I didn't want, howe...[/quote]

Yep, I've had one of these to & you've spotted their get-out (from being persued by the boys in drab blue). Get lots of these, probably as many as legit invoices.

I reckon my local Ch de Metiers are selling addresses (they all have the same spelling mistake). I regard this as more irritating.

I keep getting faxes saying that by ringing the number on the fax I can find out who locally is in financial trouble or selling their business. This stinks really as I would have no pleasure in knowing any of my fellow inhabitants troubles. I thought we had left this kind of thing behind in the UK. The company sending these out begins with O.

It may also either be an attempt at phishing, or the result of a virus. I got a lot of emails a few weeks ago telling me that large amounts of money had been taken from my bank account, and if there was anything wrong 'click here', where, no doubt, I would be asked to enter my bank details.

I have received all of the above and also faxes saying that someone has requested details of my business and my finances and that I should phone an 08 (pay for number) to receive the info.  It seems that there is always someone out there trying to rip you off, wherever you live!!!