Qualification Transfer

dangermum

Hello all.

Could someone possibly answer a question for me please?  I'm currently training to be an electrician and with a view to moving to France in approx 5 years time would like to know if the British Qualifications (City and Guilds) would be valid in France and if not, is it possible to have the qualification transferred to a Frenc equivalent? 

Thank you in advance for any information/advice given.

Dangermum

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]Hello all. Could someone possibly answer a question for me please? I'm currently training to be an electrician and with a view to moving to France in approx 5 years time would like to know if the Br...[/quote]

city & guilds are fine in france , I am a carpenter and am registered as a micro bic and had no trouble with my city & guilds ( untranslated )  Can anyone explain any pitfalls to me as regards going to the next stage (system reale)?  ie  do I have to have an accountant?   how much extra do I need to earn to make the jump?

Hi Confused

I can see why City and Guilds in Carpentry would be valid in France, but are you sure that an electrical one would be given that the wiring etc system is different in France?

For example, I don't think a UK qualified lawyer would be recognised in France because the laws etc are different.

I haven't got a clue about electrics etc, it was just a thought that crossed my mind and I would hate it if anyone worked hard to gain qualifications that are of little use here.

Thanks for your thoughts on this Viva.  I vaguely remember that I read ages and ages ago that there is a system where you can transfer qualifications and although I don't know the differences in the wiring (mind you I barely know about our wiring yet!) I'm hoping someone will know if I can and how I go about doing this.

Thanks again.