Fencing

Deby

Has anyone paid for the 'Norms" or is it just my husband in a panic?

We are in/process of constructing our pool and of course the barrier has to be built alongside it. We saw a metallic fence in Brico Dept which certainly fulfills the height capability but there are 3 other norms that it might not meet, if I only new what they were!

I dont have an issue at putting in a pool as it goes without saying there needs to be a barrier not just for my children, but any other child/animal that might endanger themselves.

Could someone recommend a supplier we are dept 17/33.

Many thanks,
Deby

Hi Deby,
We are having a pool installed in the next two weeks and this forum has been very helpful.
If you do a search you will find much has been written and somewhere parts of the regulations are posted in french .
Prices vary wildly from the very expensive at 5000 euros for an average pool to 1500 euros.
The close mesh fencing that everyone seems to be selling can I have noticed be obtained in America for $10 a foot! much cheaper than the 50-80 euros a metre in france
I have found a company in England who are selling this fencing at 100 for 5 metres.The expensive companies will tell you it is not as good and does not have a lifetime guarantee.I don't need a lifetime gaurantee and have to teenage boys so this fencing to keep 5 year olds out probably won't last long anyway.

I hope that this helps

You can find websites where you can buy the fencing and many deliver to France .

Regards, Tess

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Debys,

I have also ordered my fencing from Piscne-plus in Gourdon and they have been very efficient so far.

It has cost me 33.50 a metre and I consider this a reasonable price for fencing which we will look at 6 weeks of the year.

You can have just the fencing if you are not going to rent the house out or you can have a gate at about 360, hubby has the details in France, so not sure of the price.

This company have lots of different types at different prices.

Hope this helps
Tess